Sunday, January 24, 2010

Butterfly Bag

I'm really loving this purse -- the colors, the flowers, the butterflies, the shape. (I am going to show my ignorance here: What's the defining difference between a bag and a purse? Anyone?)

The purse was simple to cut out, but in some places difficult to sew. It left me feeling like a contortionist! It has a stiff, yet supple interfacing so it will maintain its shape when set down.

It is lined with a complementary fabric and has a magnetic closure.

It is hard to tell from the pictures I took just how large the bag is, but at approximately 20" wide, is pretty substantial. Look for it in my shop soon. Feel free to contact me if you would like to purchase a bag such as this and I can set you up via Etsy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little purse, Wendy. How I wish I could use such a delicate little number ... alas I carry a suitcase!

Vicki/Jake said...

Hmmm....maybe a Purse is smaller and carries need things like makeup, keys, checkbook...
A Bag is, well..for Bigger and More stuff??
Whatever, this one is cute!