Sunday, March 14, 2010

Slipcovered Wingback

I wanted to be a part of the slip-cover party over at the {Pink Polka Dot}, so here are a few pictures of a slip-cover I made right before my little Winona was born.

The willing subject: a wing back chair and ottoman that I did for a client over a year ago. (Sorry for the rather bad photography.) Underneath this slip cover is a beautiful late -Victorian wing-back. Just gorgeous. I told the owner of this chair that if she accidentally forgot to pick up her chair, I wouldn't be heart broken. For some reason, she didn't forget!

I added some ties in the back to take up the slack of the extra yardage needed for getting the slip-cover over the chair. I also took the time to serge all of the raw edges underneath to keep strings at bay.

This chair was rather a challenge for me, but fun none-the-less. All of the curves certainly make life interesting....

The pleated ruffle was just long enough to cover the upholstery underneath, but short enough to flirt with the curvy front legs on the chair.

{Here is another chair that I slipcovered that is currently in my little girl's room if you care to have a look-see.}

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lamp Tramp said...

You did a beautiful amazing job on this wing chair. These chairs are so difficult to do. I'll be tackling one soon. Hope mine looks as nice as yours.

Lamp Tramp said...

OMGoodness, the Waverly slip on the rocker is gorgeous, such details. I know what you mean about redoing and redoing. Sometimes it's so frustrating. You do such lovely work.
xoxo!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love my chair! It looks fantastic in my office! It is the "go to" comfy place whenever someone enters! You did an amazing job of capturing my vision of what I had hoped it to be and making it come to life. What once was a beast is now a beauty!