Friday, October 2, 2009

Meet Betty -- My First Apron

This is my first apron. I named the design "Betty" after my only living Grandma. (My next one I will name in honor of my Grandmother that has passed on). This apron was not as hard to make as it looks, and I love the vintage-looking print. The only thing I would change at this point is to somehow add pockets.

Betty is being modeled by a vintage dress-form that I scored at an antique/junk shop that is closing. The model has seen better days, but who hasn't, right? Actually, she probably looks better than me right now -- four babies in 8 years will do that to you.

Ruffles

Mercy me! This is to show you how the apron straps cross in the back instead of tying at the neck. The straps could tie in back or the front, as I have tied them. This strap configuration is quite comfortable. Betty is currently on display at my Farmhouse Accessories booth in Grady's Corner. I will post pictures of my booth later (hopefully tomorrow).

2 comments:

Holly said...

Oooh I love aprons!! This one is very cool i love the detail on the bottom of it:)

Molly said...

I love this! I am in love with vintage-looking aprons. Betty? She's a beaut!